For over 37 years..Students discover gold as they tour at Bathurst Goldfields
- Finalist in NSW State Tourism Awards Heritage and Culture 2011
- A hands on touring experience not to be missed!
- The most popular HSIE Gold Excursion location in New South Wales.
- Over 28,000 visitors annually.
- The 1850s Gold Rush comes alive at Bathurst Goldfields
- A great place to stay, refurbished lodges, units and modern motel
- Nutritious food
- All on one secure site
- Educational and entertaining tours linked to the curriculum
- Professional tour guides
- Evening entertainment
- Pan for real gold
- Make mud bricks
- Historic working steam engines
- See and work with our blacksmith
- Explore a gold mine
- See life in the 1850s
‘We did find the staff to be very friendly and extremely knowledgeable. The activities were engaging and enjoyable for the students. In particular the students enjoyed the tour of the goldfields…’
Selena Gandy, Assistant Principal, Thirlmere Public School
‘From the first greeting to the final goodbye we were made to feel very welcome. Very clear and negoitiated time frames for each of our activities..Outstanding tour guide, his learning experiences were pitched approprioately to all students, highly engaging, fun and informative.’
Gwen Renshaw St Clair PS